LCD-PI32 Resolution (raspbian)

Topics that concern all LCD-PI shields. New drivers and images for Raspberry Pi will be released through this forum.

LCD-PI32 Resolution (raspbian)

Postby berbano » Mon May 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi!, I bought a LCD-PI32 (ebay) and I'm very satisfied with the delivery and with the product.
Everything works great after follow the steps over http://www.hwlevel.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3 with good results.
I just would like to know how I can force a higher resolution. Thanks
berbano

Re: LCD-PI32 Resolution (raspbian)

Postby strancara » Tue May 06, 2014 11:30 am

Resolution can not be changed but you can make GUI elements like icons, texts, etc. smaller. The easiest way to do this is start GUI on HDMI monitor:

FRAMEBUFFER=/dev/fb0 startx

and with right-clicking you should be able to select smallest possible icons, etc. Then test the results on LCD-PI:

FRAMEBUFFER=/dev/fb1 startx
strancara
Site Admin

Postby berbano » Tue May 06, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks you very much for your answer. :)
berbano

Postby Pet Ratty » Wed May 28, 2014 9:13 pm

I've only just got a RPi and the 3.2" LCD so forgive me if I don't know what I'm on about but while searching the web for how to program the framebuffer in c/c++ I found this on git hub, it's a framebuffer copier (main to LCD), by tasanakorn called rpi-fbcp. https://github.com/tasanakorn/rpi-fbcp. I don't know how to download it with the git command so did it manually and copied it across with samba. you will need to install cmake and build it (instructions on the link). means you can get a full res desktop. I've only used it via the comp output and the text is small, hate to think what it would be like on HDMI. run it with $ sudo ./fbcp & it uses about 15% cpu and is a bit jumpy. if anyone can have a look at the source and speed it up a bit, it might have something to do with the usleep(25*1000) instruction (25 frames/sec?)
If someone can tel me how to list processes and kill them, that would be great. otherwise I'll look it up
Pet Ratty

Return to LCD-PI Common Topics