pi33 not working

Topics that concern all LCD-PI shields. New drivers and images for Raspberry Pi will be released through this forum.

pi33 not working

Postby gmoura » Mon May 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Hello,

I bought a PI33 few days ago. I installed a new img (2014-01-07-wheezy-raspbian_lcd-pi.img) on my sdcard.
After a complete installation, i plugged on the gpio the pi33. The lcd blinks during few seconds and after that, nothing happens.
I ran the test_pi32 (as i read somewhere in this forum, although it was for the PI32). Here is the result: bcm2835_init: Unable to open /dev/mem: Permission denied / oops, could not init bcm2835.
I do not know what to do.

Thank you for your help.
Grégory
gmoura

Re: pi33 not working

Postby strancara » Wed May 28, 2014 8:25 am

Hi,

test_pi32 will not work with LCD-PI33 (it must be run with root privileges otherwise: sudo ./test_pi32). It is normal that the display blinks on boot and remains dark. Try if it works by logging to RPi with ssh and executing:

con2fbmap 1 1

or

FRAMEBUFFER=/dev/fb1 startx
strancara
Site Admin

Postby gmoura » Wed May 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Many thanks for your reply.
In fact, i still have a problem. Indeed, when i plug the lcd screen on my Rpi, i lose the ethernet access (needed to carry out the ssh connection). Putty becomes blocked and i cannot reset the connection. The leds (ACT, LNK, FDX etc...) are blinking. In my opinion my Rpi is running out of power.
My power adapter supplies 5V/2A through the micro usb input. Shall i need to use an extra source of power (through usb for instance) to bring more power ?
Maybe, my assumption is wrong as i am a beginner. Could you tell me if you agree or if you think that the problem is dued to an other cause ?

Thank you for your help.
Grégory
gmoura

Postby Pet Ratty » Wed May 28, 2014 10:06 pm

do you have the right IP address for it? it may have changed. connect a tv to it to make sure. The first thing it'll do is run the raspi-config. enable the SSH in there.
I had a similar problem where the display didn't do anything and the /dev/fb1 device didn't appear. I had to select the correct kernel in /boot/config.txt.
Pet Ratty

Return to LCD-PI Common Topics